CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hello locals!!!

It's been more than a decade since I've been to "The Heart of the Philippines"...Iloilo. Though I grew up in Pampanga, I'm still an ilonggo at heart--it's within my roots and I would love to see my unknown relatives out there. Isn't cool to have a reunion during festivals this would be a perfect time to meet and celebrate with them..

I'm going to Iloilo for this year's Dinagyang Festival which was voted as the best Tourism Event for 2006,2007 and 2008 by the Association of Tourism Officers in the Philippines, The first festival in the world to get the support of the United Nations for the promotion of the Millennium Development Goals, Cited by the Asian Development Bank as Best Practice on government, private sector & NGO cooperation.

Gosh I'm so excited!!! to see the parade--all those fabulous costumes, production numbers, the amazing sceneries, beautiful white sand beaches, those mouth-watering delicacies, and ofcourse, to meet those happy gorgeous locals out there...

Just watch out for pictures and stories when I come back from this marvelous vacation trip of mine... Ciao!!!



0 comments: